Thursday, August 30, 2007

Greetings From Dubai

I'm back in Dubai for work for a couple of weeks. Ah...Dubai in August...so refreshing!

This trip has been a little crazy. M and I are here together this time, so between his work obligations and mine, I've felt like I've been going 1000 miles per hour this week. Luckily, it's the weekend in Dubai now, so M and I will have a couple of days of lounging by the pool and generally being lazy. It's kind of hard to be anything but lazy when it's 115 degrees outside.

And in other news, on Monday, before I left KL, our new TV was delivered! M and I are now the parents - er, owners - of a beautiful, bouncing 47 inch LCD flat screen TV.

We bought our 42 inch TV back around the end of last year. It only took a matter of a few weeks before it started to malfunction. So, after several months of going round and round with Toshiba about getting it repaired, they finally agreed to just let us return it and upgrade. In the months since we bought the TV, the prices on LCDs have gone down considerably, enough that we were able to upgrade our 42 inch to a 47 inch for only a few hundred dollars. Since I don't have a penis, I'm not exactly sure why we need a 47 inch television, but M assured that we indeed do need it. Desperately. I'm having a hard time wading through the testosterone laden logic of that decision, but at any rate, we have it now and as long as it works, I'm happy!

We also found out that we will probably be getting our new car next week! Yay! We thought that we would have to wait six or seven weeks for ours to be delivered, but someone canceled their order which bumped ours up to the top of the queue. We can't wait - we will be mobile! Good thing M already has his license, because since I figured we wouldn't have the car for a number of weeks, I've kind of dicked around about submitting my paperwork for my license. Finally got the ball rolling on that today.

So by the time I get back from Dubai, we should have our car. We. Can't. Wait!

2 Comments:

At August 31, 2007 at 5:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake is having TV envy right now. Since Saturday is his birthday, I wonder if I'll find myself TV shopping. You know, since LCDs are so affordable now. Ugh.

 
At September 2, 2007 at 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn girl. we're watching a movie at your place. lol.

@donna: J is same way. Drooling over tvs for weeks now. Your hubby is lucky--first an iphone, then a tv!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home