Friday, April 27, 2007

My Seasonal Affective Disorder is Kicking In

Malaysia, enough with the rain already. I know that this is the tropics, but you are seriously interfering with my ability to get out of this house these days.

Every afternoon, without fail, we get rain. Normally, I like rain. I like thunderstorms, which we get a lot of here (minus the hail and the tornadoes, which is a bonus), as long as I can watch the rain from INSIDE. But lately, it seems like every time I plan to leave the house for something, it starts to rain. And you never really know if a light sprinkle is going to turn into a gullywasher.

This afternoon, I had planned on walking over to the mall to get some lovely reflexology. It had already rained cats and dogs earlier this afternoon, so I figured I was good to go. So I gathered up my things, and between the time I left my apartment to the time I stepped off the elevator and walked outside, it had started to rain again. Right now, it's coming straight down, but you never know when it will suddenly decide to come down sideways, so it's not always safe to assume that an umbrella will save you, should you be caught in it (yes, I learned this the hard way). And forget getting a cab in the rain. Even if I was lucky enough to get one, the price will suddenly be doubled (or tripled) because "It's raining". Besides, getting a cab in KL is my #1 pet peeve anyway. I'd rather walk than put myself through the stress of knowing I am getting screwed over by the cab driver.

Blasted rain! I so wanted that foot massage! Oh well, at least I have karaoke tonight to look forward to.

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2007 at 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn rain! I'd send you a good raincoat and some galoshes, but I guess it's too darn hot to wear them. Plus you'd have to lug them around just in case it starts to rain every time you go out.

Well, at least you get some good thunderstorms for sleeping. All about the silver lining.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home