Monday, April 30, 2007

Random Weekend Happenings

Friday night we went for karaoke. I usually feel the need to belt a tune or two about every couple of months or so. So we went for sushi and then headed over to Red Box in Low Yat Plaza. I love karaoke in Asia; you can make an ass out of yourself in the privacy of your own room rather than up on a stage, like in the US. We did all the old stand-bys, including "Sister Golden Hair" and "Copacabana". This time we added some Air Supply to the mix for the first time, and I have to say, Air Supply is awesome karaoke material. I can't believe I haven't tried it before now!

Around 11 or so, some friends of ours called and we met them over at Finnegans. Well, apparently the rain wasn't through with us, because it started to absolutely pour around midnight or so! We tried to wait it out, but around 1 am, it was still going strong. Our friend has a little car, and she really didn't think she could make it back to Bansgar (where she lives), so....we had our first overnight guests in KL! We were so excited to have company that we even broke out the wedding photos we just received. I'm surprised we didn't break out the video or make them sit through our latest vacation slide show. We really need to get a life.

Saturday we ventured out for our spa treatment that I talked Matt into in return from the Hike From Hell. I am such a spa whore. I can't believe how inexpensive it is here compared to the US. I would go every week if I could. We had a foot spa, sugar and spice scrub, hot stone treatment and massage. It was wonderful, but I've decided I'm a bit ambivalent about scrubs. They feel great, but I don't like them when they are really watery. We had sugar and spice and everything nice in every nook and cranny. We did smell like a cinnamon cookie though :)

The rest of the weekend was pretty mellow, except for the taxi altercation we had on the way home (more on that in a separate post). Sunday I started to feel like I was catching a cold, so we just chilled out all day. Good thing, because today I woke up with a runny nose and a terrible cough. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow, since I have to go to Singapore. Traveling when you are sick sucks.

1 Comments:

At May 5, 2007 at 2:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

karaoke in Malaysia was one of my most favorite things...I did it with hubby and some of his childhood friends, and talk about great bonding. :)

you have me really excited about the spas now. You'll have to clue me in on your favorites once I move there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home