Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Random Updates

Well, I'm back in the good ole' US of A. Again. For the second time in three weeks. Normally, not a big issue, expect that it takes about 30 some odd hours of travel time just to make the trip. Strangely, though, I've not been too jetlagged from my KL-Singapore-Taipei-LA-Houston-Florida 36 hour trip.

I'm in Florida for some work training, and since talking about that is about as exciting as watching paint dry (or, my recent postings about my computer fiascos), I'll move on.

So, here are some random observations from the trip:

Does anyone in the US really give a rat’s ass about how Victoria Beckham is adapting to life in the US? Didn't think so. One word comes to mind - “overexposure”. No one cares. Let's move on.

Ditto for Katie Holmes. Sure, she's a cutie patoodie. We'd all look like cutie patoodies with a great stylist on speed dial. Again, why is her new outfit/hair/vacation newsworthy? Oh yeah, because people like me buy People magazine.

Seems that the movie Hairspray is getting a lot of press, more overseas than in the US from what I've seen. I am having an unnaturally negative reaction to John Travolta in drag. I don't know, maybe it's just me. It just skeeves me out, almost as much as Madeline Khan does in just about anything she’s ever been in. (Don’t ask me why Madeline Khan gives me the heebie jeebies – she just does. Always has.)

I am a Target junkie. It's strange the things that you miss when you move overseas. This morning, my second CHI flat iron died. CHI lovers will relate. The CHI is the best flat iron ever created, but the damn things have a way of petering out on you. So, since the CHI doesn't work overseas on an adapter, I fought the urge to buy a new one, and just went to Target for a less expensive flat iron that would get me by. The plus, other than getting to browse Target (which I can't believe I'm so excited about, but like I said, it's odd the things that you miss), was that I got to introduce a work colleague from Argentina to the wonders of Target. I felt better that I wasn't the only one enjoying Target a little bit too much.

Now, once I make it to Sephora, then you will really know that I need to get a life.

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2007 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in Sephora just today, as a matter of fact. Tried some new concealer which doesn't work well (perhaps because I need pipe dope to cover the circles under my eyes) and some new perfume which is yummy.

YOU DON'T LIKE MADELINE KAHN? What is wrong with you?

Ten's my limit on Schnitzengruben, baby.

 
At July 27, 2007 at 11:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude. you just saved my life. was going to buy a chi and hook it up to an adapter, but now maybe not.

talked w/ hubby. he says it needs a CONVERTER for power...you can buy such things there. they have a diff.. voltage or something.

i went to sephora a few weeks ago. i spent enough to educate several small children in a developing nation. :/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home