Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mmmm......Carbs.......

I just finished a lovely, chicken tikka filled pastry. That's one thing that I do love in Asia and the Middle East - so many stuffed breads and pastries. It's absolutely heavenly. Samosas, curry puffs, parantha with filling, puff pastries, it goes on and on. There's nothing much better than yummy filling ensconced in flaky carbohydrate goodness. That just covers the filled carbs. It doesn't even touch the carb/dip combo, which is a wonderful creation all it's own, and in full abundance in this part of the world.

They are usually pretty cheap too, which doesn't help things. When I go into the office, I like to hit the cafeteria around 9AM to pick up a few curry puffs. Spicy curry chicken, potatoes, in a puff pastry, then DEEP FRIED. They are almost better than a donut.

Almost.

2 Comments:

At September 4, 2007 at 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They are almost better than a donut."

I am offended by this remark. :)

 
At September 5, 2007 at 4:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, sarah of the puff pastry.

I have to admit to not being crazy about the 'savory' ones. But they are HUGE here...people are really into them! I am glad you found something you can enjoy so much :)

Me, I'll take a donut anyday ;) (or a small cheesecake tart!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home