Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Gravylicious

I was browsing Amazon.com, and came across a great book. I might as well confess. As a true Southerner....

I adore Paula Deen. Simply love her.

For those of you not familiar with Paula, she has a great show on the Food Network (ah, how I miss the Food Network) where she cooks up the tastiest Southern dishes. She started her business as a packed lunch business out of her home in Savannah and now has one of the most successful shows on the Food Network, along with having published a number of cookbooks. You've got to love a woman with a separate recipe section solely devoted to barbecue. Plus, everything she makes has at least one stick of butter. Mmmm...

A few of her recipes include:

Bill Nicholson's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding (Krispy Kremes are, hands down, the best donuts around)
Country Fried Steak Biscuits and Gravy (Fried? Steak? Biscuits? AND gravy? Sold.)
Paula’s Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich (I keep trying to talk Matt into making these for dinner one night, but to no avail.)

I remember watching her every Saturday morning, during which I would inevitably call Matt from the other room saying, "Oooh, come look at what she's making now!" You could gain weight and clog your arteries just by watching her. I guess that's one of the reasons I like her (other than the fact that she just seems so darn nice) - you can watch her whip up sinful dishes without subjecting yourself to the 1,000,000 calories that each one contains.

Matt calls her "Deep Fat Fried Mayonnaise Sandwich with Ranch Dressing" lady. (Of course, it's funnier when he does it in his faux Southern twang.)

She's my kind of gal.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 3, 2007 at 5:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her! I want her to be my mommy. Can you imagine Thanksgiving in her house?

 
At May 3, 2007 at 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen the ROCK on her hand? Her husband knows how to pick the jewels.

There is nothing in the world that cream gravy can't fix. If it's not good with cream gravy, it's not worth eating.

 
At May 3, 2007 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Added bonus: her two sons are extremely EASY on the eyes. Hot, really. They have their own show now. Sigh. Although, if she were my mother-in-law, I'd weigh 400 pounds.

I'll just let them use me for sex.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home