Tuesday, April 3, 2007

7 Songs

Donna sort of tagged me on this, and it looked cool, so here goes. The tag is for "Seven Songs I've Been Enjoying Lately". I don't really listen to the radio, so I usually find out about new songs through TV promos and airline music stations. So this is a mix of new songs and old favorites.



How can you not shake it when you hear this song? I like this courtesy of StarWorld (the US TV channel here in Malaysia) and the fact that they showcased Scissor Sisters for a month, so I heard this song a lot. In fact, I'm surprised that I still like it after hearing it so much, but I do.



I like this guy courtesy of another promo on StarWorld. Although I don't know why they promo'd it when you couldn't even buy it in Malaysia. I could only buy the import from Amazon.com, so I had to buy it last time I was in Dubai. Great CD.



Another feel-good song. I make an ass out of myself every time this comes on my iPod while I'm on the plane. I must look like I have a twitch or something.



A rediscovered old favorite



I will never, ever, ever get tired of this song.



I liked the original version of this song (played on the finale of Six Feet Under) but it can be a bit depressing, so I found this groovy remix.



Okay, okay, blame AstroWorld for this one too....I can't believe that I like this song, but I do. So shut your piehole.

A few shout outs to some songs that I am listening to right now that I couldn't find streaming audio for, which means that they are either totally edgy and out of the mainstream, or so old or lame that no one is listening to them. I prefer to think that I am terribly cutting edge. It's my world.

Susie Suh, "Petrified to be God-Like", "Won't You Come Again"
Cake, "Short Skirt, Long Jacket"
Gear Daddies, "Boys Will be Boys"
Tori Amos, "God"
Lyle Lovett, "San Antonio Girl", "She's No Lady (She's My Wife)"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2007 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a geek. There are songs I am liking on the radio right now but I am so out of touch that I have no idea who is singing them. Call me and I will hum a few bars and we can play "Name That Tune."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home