Tuesday, May 8, 2007

No Wonder My Back Hurts

Purse BKLM (before Kuala Lumpur move)

Purse: a lovely, compact black Coach with matching wallet
Contents:
- wallet
- 4 lipsticks
- lip liner
- face powder
- pen
- sunglasses
- key chain with approximately 7 keys

Purse AKLM (after Kuala Lumpur move)

Purse: all weather nylon shoulder sling bag. Think parachute pant material. Quite the fashion statement.
Contents:
- chapstick with SPF
- 4 lipsticks (some things never change)
- toilet paper/tissue packet (the lack of toilet paper in some bathrooms is a very real concern)
- umbrella (for the impromptu rain shower or hot midday sun)
- mini deodorant (it's freakin' hot)
- cash (no credit cards)
- house key card
- hair claw, clips and bands (again, freakin' hot)
- sunglasses
- pens
- camera (for feeding my Flickr obsession)
- face blotting papers (powder just mixes with the sweat and makes a...paste)
- spare flip flops (if I'm wearing my "going out" shoes, which I can only do if we are cabbing it. Then, if we can't get a cab home, I'm all set with my walking shoes)
- cards (so Matt and I can play gin at the pub - we like to live on the edge)

The cuty, tiny clutches that are so popular right now are just a pipe dream for me.

Can you imagine when we have kids? We won't be able to leave the house without one of those luggage carts you find at the airport...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At May 8, 2007 at 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, you could just take care of the toilet paper issue by using the spray hose instead ;)

 
At May 8, 2007 at 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't forget $$$ for TIPS. :)

 
At May 8, 2007 at 1:09 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Ah, yes, the spray hose! I just can't embrace this. When I wade into a bathroom with water all over the floor and the seat, and soggy toilet paper everywhere, part of me can't help but wonder if it's all just water, you know? There's no way to tell, and women's public bathrooms are generally far more disgusting than men's bathrooms, spray hose or no spray hose, no matter what country you are in. Plus, spraying off and "airdrying" in the KL humidity sounds like it has all the makings of a horribly uncomfortable female ailment just waiting to happen :)

 
At May 8, 2007 at 4:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Sarah...I share your woes about that hose. The wetness, whatever the heck it is, really skeeves me out. This reminds me of a funny story I heard from a woman working there who is originally from Toronto.

She said she was in the bathroom one time, and out of the blue this tidal wave of water comes gushing from the next stall, and her feet are suddenly surrounded by, uh, another woman's uh, "stuff." And she got up and pantomimed her reaction...she flings her legs and feet upward, balances precariously on the toilet and waits for the tsunami to stop. It was a hoot, but I was thankful it wasn't me in that situation ;)

 
At May 8, 2007 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should do the Flickr group called What's in your purse?

 
At May 10, 2007 at 2:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That hose thing is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard. And I'm a nurse, so it's hard to gross me out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home