Saturday, January 19, 2008

Can I Get Those With a Side of High Fructose Corn Syrup?

You know you are pregnant when you are in one of the largest shopping malls (Mall of the Emirates) in one of the shopping meccas of the world (Dubai) and, while the stores aren't doing much for you, the food outlets make you GIDDY WITH ANTICIPATION.

Aside from all the restaurants and fast food outlets, there was also a Baskin Robbins, Marble Slab Creamery, Cinnabon, an awesome crepe place that I love, candy stores with bins of fruity, chewy goodness dotted all along the walkway, and best of all...

Krispy Kreme.

As in, the Krispy Kreme that you cannot find anywhere in Southeast Asia. As in, home of the major pregnancy craving that I have had - that being, the Chocolate Covered Donut with Sprinkles. They had so many other kinds too - way more than the stores in the US - including one with a filling like a Ferrero Rocher chocolate. Now, I ask you, how can you top that?

So, instead of drooling over shoes, purses, and overpriced sunglasses, I did my drooling over every sugar laden confection I could find.

I have to go back tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2008 at 12:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! What more could you ask for than ice cream, candy, crepes and Krispie Kremes?

 
At January 19, 2008 at 1:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you get the sugary goodness craving from ME. I swear I could live on the shit. I have already ordered a supply of insulin syringes for my old age.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home