Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Are You Smuggling Pickles or Are You Just Glad To See Me?

My sister will occasionally send us care packages with goodies from the US that we can't easily find in KL. She will usually ask us if there's anything in particular that we would like when she's getting ready to send one. Normally, I would be hesitant to request certain things, but I've recently learned to swallow my pride. There are some things that we just can't find in KL. I'm sure most of them are around somewhere, but since we haven't found them, I asked for a few things that Matt and I needed/wanted.

Our package arrived today, and so Matt called me and told about all the goodies that we had gotten. However, there was one item that I had requested that sadly didn't make it. Pickles.

I have been craving bread and butter pickles for months now. Once again, no, I'm not pregnant. But we've been searching for them and haven't been able to find them...I think that's probably why I am craving them even more now, because I know I can't get them. Sweet and tangy goodness. I eat the small crunchy slices and Matt eats the bigger slices that have the seeds. I don't eat the bigger slices because they have the slimy middle with the seeds. It's one of my food texture issues.

So Triad #1 and her hubby bought us a big ass jar of bread and butter pickles. And is his way, my BIL wrapped and wrapped them up and even bubble wrapped them so they wouldn't break or leak.

However, after all that work by Triad 1 and hubby, we got an email today that the shipper could not ship them because they would never make it through Malaysian customs. They seized my pickles. I guess that probably means that my Taco Bell Crunch Wrap Supreme didn't make it either. :)

Hey, I just thought of something....I could MAKE bread and butter pickles. People do that, right? They have all the ingredients here. I just have to stock up on Mason jars. I'm sure my gal Paula has a fantabulous recipe.

2 Comments:

At May 9, 2007 at 5:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a yum recipe that I will send you. Sounds easy, which you know if I say that it must be, since I am inherently lazy. I am changing my tag line from Jen-i-foo-foo to....

 
At May 9, 2007 at 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, singapore might have your pickles ;)

also, if I see any in my shopping trips there, I will be sure to let you know. J's mom might know where we can find some.

was going to also tell you, if you want anything brought over when we fly over, let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home