Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Horror!

Our internet is down at our house! The modem is completely fried after the blackout the other night. (Note to self - modems like surge protectors. Keep the modem happy.).

We lost power on Sunday night for around five hours. There's nothing like all the lights, TVs, and air conditioner kicking in at 2am to just about make you wet the bed. It reminded me of when Hugh Grant gets woken up on his wedding day in Four Weddings and a Funeral with all the alarm clocks going off. Just a complete WTF moment.

So, anyway, our modem has passed on. No lights. No nothing. Fried. I have a call into our internet provider, so I expect a call back in a couple of weeks probably. Whatever am I going to do without the internet?? Imagine if I put all the time I normally spend on the internet to good use - can you imagine how productive I would be?

Nah, the TV still works.

4 Comments:

At June 12, 2007 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you can stand it. No one can live in those conditions. I say you need to move home immediately.

 
At June 13, 2007 at 5:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with Donna. These are third-world condtions.

 
At June 13, 2007 at 5:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your modem is down, how are you blogging?

 
At June 13, 2007 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 words: surge protector!

;)

It's funny...hubby's parents are quite a bit paranoid about the storms, so every time they leave teh house, they unplug everything! They can really do a doozy on your electronics there. I cracked up on your 2am "alarm clock" ;)

Do you like the storms there? I think they are pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home