Friday, June 8, 2007

My TV Addictions

We don't get a lot of US TV shows in Malaysia, and the ones we get are typically a season or so old. But there are a few that I have been getting into, such as...

"Grey's Anatomy" - Okay, I'm a little late to the game on this one, but I love this show. We just finished season 2 here, so don't tell me what happens on season 3! (Although, given my ongoing subscription to People and the recent addition of E Entertainment as a channel here, I already know how some of the questions are answered.) Plus, I love the music on the show, and it's become one of my main sources of new(ish) music to download from iTunes.

"Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations" - This comes on the Travel and Living Channel here, and I really like this show. He goes to cool places and eats some far out foods. I want to drink beer with Anthony Bourdain. "Globe Trekker" is also really good.

"Everest" - This comes on Discovery Channel. I got sucked into it because of M, but it's actually pretty good.

And don't laugh about these:

"One Tree Hill" - I can't help it. I think it's good. Totally unrealistic, but good teeny bopper drama. It's a show about teenagers pretending to be adults, which is kind of silly sometimes, but the show is also a source of some pretty good music. We just finished season 2 here (I think), so don't tell me if the teenage marriage ends with Nathan drowning his sorrows in a river of Purple Passion and Boone's Farm.

"Falcon Beach" - A total teenage soap opera, Canadian style.

(I can't believe I watch these shows. I didn't even watch teen dramas when I was a teenager - except for 90120, and who didn't watch that? - so I'm not sure why they are appealing to me now. They are kind of lame, but they are total brain candy for me.)

I've also kind of gotten into Heroes, and we love 30 Rock and My Name is Earl. Of course, they won't show Family Guy here (and I'm not sure it's even still on the US), so we have have to buy most of the seasons of that on DVD.

When I was in Singapore this week, I got to see "So You Think You Can Dance?". I'm out of the loop, so I don't know if the show is still on in the US, but what a great show! I was totally sucked in.

Any suggestions for TV show DVDs that we should pick up while we are in the US later this month? We can get some of them here, but to get the unedited ones means a trip to Chinatown, checking each DVD to make sure it works, etc., so we are just planning to pick some up in the US since we will be there soon enough.

What TV shows are you into?

4 Comments:

At June 10, 2007 at 7:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
sungeiwiang (sp?) mall has awesome "original copy" dvd box sets. here's what I got there last time:
-all seasons of sex and the city
-24
-battlestar galatica
-firefly

they also had stuff like Friends, Seinfeld, CSI, etc. When we come, I plan to get all the CSIs there and start watching.

If you want to hold off, we'll take you there so you can buy to your heart's content. I think all 6 years of SATC cost me the equivalent of about $70 US. If I remember right, the cost is about 10 ringget a CD there.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Band of Brothers
Sopranos

Both from HBO. I have a buttload of Friends DVD's that I was going to send you but I don't know if they will work on your player??? Let me know.

 
At June 12, 2007 at 2:22 PM , Blogger La Niña said...

I have some suggestions (don't know if you've watched these already)...

Arrested Development - I heart this show so much. I watch it over and over again.

House
Lost
The Office (UK and US versions)
Extras (a Ricky Gervais tv show)

Have fun in the US!

 
At June 13, 2007 at 5:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out "House" (love the sarcasm of this show).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home