Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Musical Meme

Saw this on Donna's blog and thought it looked really fun! Here’s how it goes:

1. Put your mp3 player or music player on your computer on random.
2. Post the first four lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song (Skip repeat artists).
3. Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.

Leave your guesses in the comments. No Googling for answers!

1. I’m trying to tell you
Something ‘bout my life
Maybe give me insight
Between black and white
Guessed by Triad #1

2. Well when you’re down on your luck
And you ain’t got a buck
In London
You’re a goner
Even London Bridge
Has fallen down
And moved to Arizona

3. There is nothing that competes with habit
And I know it’s neither deep nor tragic
It's simply that you
Have to have it
So you could make a killing

4. This old man
I’ve talked about
Broke his own heart
Poured it in the ground
Big red tree grew up and out
Throws up its leaves
Spins round and round


5. Well I know it’s kinda late
I hope I didn’t wake you
But what I’ve gotta say can’t wait
I know you’d understand
Guessed by Triad #1

6. Mother mother ocean
I have heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters
Since I was three feet tall
Guessed by Triad #1 (close enough)

7. Well my baby threw me out
Because I drank too much
She offered me her car
So I could move my stuff
I'm gonna sell the bitch's car
I'm gonna sell the bitch's car


8. Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothin to do nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated
Guessed by Donna

9. I know a girl who
Thinks of ghosts
She’ll make you breakfast
She’ll make you toast
But she don't use butter
And she don't use cheese

10. I look at you
You might your tongue
You don’t know why
Or where I’m coming from
But in my head I'm close to you
We're in the rain, still searching for the sun

11. So scream you
Out from behind the bitter ache
You’re hanging on the memory
You need most
You still want love
Love's ugly, smooth and delicate
But not without affection, but not alone


12. Oh l’amour
Broke my heart and now I’m aching for you
Oh l’amour
What's a boy in love supposed to do?
Guessed by Donna

13. Listen to the girl
As she takes on half the world
Moving up and so alive
In her honey dripping beehive
Beehive
It's good, so good
It's so good


14. Oh we were walking
Just the other day
And it was so hot outside
You could fry an egg
Guessed by Reese

15. Sweat baby, sweat baby
Sex is a Texas drought
Me and you do the kind of stuff
That only Prince would sing about
So put your hand down my pants
Guessed by Triad #1

16. Well he was fueled by a lack
Drew inspiration from a need
So many problems to crack
And mouths to feed
Crooked was the path
And brazen was the walk


17. You saw me standing by the wall
Corner of a main street
And the lights are flashing
On your windowsill
Guessed by Donna

18. There’s something in the way she moves
Or looks my way
Or calls my name
That seems to leave this troubled world behind
Guessed by Triad #1

19. Coming out of my cage
And I’ve been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
Guessed by Reese

20. Every time I see you
Something happens to me
Like a chain reaction
Between you and me
My heart starts missing a beat
My heart starts missing a beat
Every time

15 Comments:

At September 18, 2007 at 11:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#8 is I Wanna be Sedated by The Ramones

#12 is Oh, L'Amour by Erasure

I know more of them either the name or the artist, but I can't easily think of both so I'm going to follow the rules and not Google.

 
At September 18, 2007 at 11:52 PM , Blogger Sarah Barah said...

#6 is Jimmy Buffet, but I can't remember the name of the song for the life of me. Something about a sailor looking back? Or maybe I'm waaay off.

And Donna already beat me to #12.

Both of those songs take me back to teenage summers driving around B/CS.

 
At September 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#5 I Have To Say I Love You (in a song) - Jim Croce
#6 - Jimmy Buffett - A Pirate's Song ( or somehting like that)

I'm working on #1 but it hasn't come to me yet. I can hear the tune.

 
At September 19, 2007 at 1:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And #15 is a NAUGHTY SONG.

Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang. Bet you're surprised Big Sis knew that. :)

 
At September 19, 2007 at 10:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot damn, I got it!

#1 is "Closer To Fine" - Indigo Girls.

I never knew you to be an IG fan, sis. Ask me sometime about the IG concert I went to.

 
At September 19, 2007 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#18 - Something in the Way She Moves

JT, baby!!

I'm on a roll.

 
At September 19, 2007 at 9:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh ooh oohh! I just figured out 17 it was driving me crazy!
It's Save the Prayer by Duran Duran.

Damn, that was killing me.

 
At September 19, 2007 at 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarahsponda,

I guessed #15, too. Heh. See above.

I'm out for the rest of them. Not even a glimmer of an idea.

 
At September 20, 2007 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Dearest Triad #1 -

#15 - Right artist, wrong song ;)

 
At September 20, 2007 at 6:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

19: Mr. Brightside--The Killers.

14: Stay - Dave Matthews Band

 
At September 21, 2007 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Dammit Triad 1, I hate it when you are right.

I had the name of the song wrong. You are right. I was wrong. It's called "Bad Touch".

*hangs head in faux shame*

:)

 
At September 21, 2007 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Sarah Barah said...

#9.... I know it... I'm so tempted to google it. The best soy latte that you ever had. Something about Jupiter... by Travis??

Man, I'm lame.

 
At September 21, 2007 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

#9 I know is Flaming Lips. What is throwing me is that I didn't think that was the first part of the song. The title has something to do with Jelly.

 
At September 21, 2007 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Sarah Barah said...

#9 is a team effort.

She uses Vaaaaaseline

Is Vaseline the name of the song?

 
At September 22, 2007 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Triad 3, I don't know why you feign surprise. Haven't you learned yet that I am always right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home