Thursday, May 24, 2007

Update: Vacation Trip and the Sweater Saga

First, the vacation update...

We finally got our schedules straightened out, and it's official. We are getting to go to South Dakota for summer vacation as planned! Woo hoo! We were a bit concerned that between M's work travel and mine, we wouldn't be able to go. So although M and I are totally jam packed with travel for work before and after the trip, we were able to keep the SD trip as scheduled. We ticketed the flight yesterday, so it's all systems go! We are so excited!

Now, an update on the Sweater Saga...

I called yesterday and actually spoke to The One Who HAD My Sweater. As in, she didn't have it anymore. She said that she put it in the reception drawer and then proceeded to look while we were on the phone and said, "Oh, not there anymore." Thanks for the news flash. I had just finished telling her that I was there yesterday, we looked in that exact drawer and it wasn't there, so I'm not exactly sure where she was for the first five minutes of our conversation or why the fact that when she looked in the drawer, it was a surprise that, gasp!, the sweater wasn't there anymore. So I asked her if she could check around with some other employees or maybe in the office. She kept saying, "The sweater not in the drawer." So after about five more minutes of that fun game, I finally said (nicely, because getting angry doesn't help in Malaysia - persistence does) for the last time, "Can you check around and maybe ask the manager about it?" Finally the light bulb went off. She took my number (just like the chick on Tuesday did), told me she would check and call me back (just like the chick on Tuesday did) and then proceeded to NOT call me back (just like the chick on Tuesday did).

So we called again tonight. Talked to someone else. After explaining the whole story again, the person looked, and...the sweater has magically reappeared! Tah dah! So, as of this exact moment, the restaurant knows where my sweater is (in the manager's office) and we told them we would be by to get it tomorrow. So I hope they staple the damn thing to the office desk if they have to, just don't move it again, because every time it's moved, we start back at square one.

Keep your fingers crossed that the Sweater Fairy does not abscond with my sweater between now and 8pm tomorrow. Hopefully not, because I really like my sweater and I really like this restaurant, but if they lose the damn thing again they might end up on my boycott list, which I would so hate. I'm a sucker for a good carb.

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2007 at 1:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a children's book character called "Flat Stanley" who goes all over the world, having adventures. We have had a Flat Stanley in our office, and we took pictures of him getting his ears checked. :) I think your sweater is doing the same things - all over KL, having all sorts of adventures. Imagine what it's seen!

 
At May 25, 2007 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe my sweater will send me photos of it riding the Eye On Malaysia! Or eating durian in Chinatown! Or in front of the Petronas Towers! Ah, the stories it could tell....

 
At September 9, 2008 at 6:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post about vacation trip and the sweater saga.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home