Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tagged Again!

I was tagged by La Nina, so here goes...

5 - You’re going on a long journey, what five albums MUST you take with you? Albums that you need to listen to regularly.

Okay, if I couldn’t take my iPod or my self burned compilation CD’s with me, then this is a tough one! I’ll apply a little flexibility and say a long road trip. I can pick some pretty kick ass road trip tuneage.

1. Steve Miller Band’s Greatest Hits
2. James Taylor Live
3. Barenaked Ladies Rock Spectacle
4. Robert Earl Keen’s #2 Live Dinner
5. Tom Petty and the Heartbreaker’s Greatest Hits

4 - What four albums/songs do you most associate with a journey or travel experience? You know, the ones you listen to that instantly transport you back to a place and time.

1. “Bobby et Angelo” by Bobby et Angelo – Takes me back to Tahiti. This is a local band that M and I listened to the whole time we were there.
2. “Summertime” by Janis Joplin – Reminds me of moving into my first apartment after high school. Doesn't everyone have a Janis phase?
3. “Escape (The Pina Colada Song)” by Rupert Holmes – For some reason, this reminds me of driving to the next town over for beer with Triad #2 in college. We must have listened to it on the way or something.
4. The whole “Scarlet’s Walk” album by Tori Amos, especially “Taxi Ride” – Reminds me of moving to Houston all by my lonesome. I listened to this when I went down to find a place to live.

3 - Your three favorite songs of all time?

This is like having to pick a favorite child.

1. “Sweet Baby James” by James Taylor
2. “What a Good Boy” by Barenaked Ladies (live version)
3. “Solsbury Hill” by Peter Gabriel

2 - Two feel good songs, the ones that are guaranteed to lift the blues and put a smile on your face.

1. "Surrender” by Cheap Trick
2. “Why Can’t I Be You?” by The Cure
Ooh, just thought of one more…
2 ½ . “Bad Reputation” by Reverend Horton Heat

1 - Absolute, overall, undoubtedly the best album of all time, in your opinion.

This just isn’t fair.

1. Rock Spectacle by BNL or James Taylor Live

Tagging Donna for this!

3 Comments:

At June 20, 2007 at 9:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should explain re: "the driving to the next town over" - WE GREW UP IN A DRY COUNTY. Yes. Those still exist. Of course, there are four or five bars in Tiny Town now, but no, you have to drive to the next county to buy beer for your refrigerator.

 
At June 24, 2007 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Reese said...

may I just say that I love you for referencing "Scarlet's Walk"?

 
At June 24, 2007 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Reese said...

(God, excuse me for being a comment whore tonight)

Solsbury Hill. really, you just went up another 100 points in my book. That song is truly darn near perfection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home