Monday, June 18, 2007

Vacation Countdown

We are now in the throes of planning for our vacation to the US. I've been ordering stuff online like mad, getting birthday presents to take back with us, doing endless loads of laundry, and trying to get all of the things that need to be repaired in our apartment taken care of before we go. You would think that we would be gone for months with the way I'm planning. But you know what? I love it. I'm The Planner. The kind of person who will add something to her list that she's done just for the sheer pleasure of crossing through it. So things are busy, but good.

This weekend, we went to Chinatown and picked up a ton of DVDs. While we were waiting on them, we wandered over to the Reggae Bar, which is a bar in Chinatown that caters to the backpacker crowd. Honestly, all we wanted was some air conditioning, but as they say, "When in Rome..." so we had a beer while we were there. I would have loved the place back when I was in college, but had we been there when it was crowded, I figure we probably would have been the oldest ones in the place, which would not have helped my "When did I get old?" mindset that I have these days. Interesting to see a place in KL with marijuana stickers all over the walls, though.

Sunday we made homemade enchiladas. Not as good as Chuy's, but pretty tasty nonetheless. So I finally got my Mexican food! Although, since we will be in California for a few days this weekend, I'll probably get my fill there. Wait. What am I saying??? I'll never get my fill of Mexican food.

I've also been getting M's daughter's room ready, since she will be coming back with us from the US for a visit. We are so excited that she is coming! We'd love for her to live here, but getting a sixteen year old to leave her friends, her car and her boyfriend....just not going to happen. It's not like we would get any support from her mom on that front, so unfortunately, that's a battle we are just not going to win. But we are lining up some fun things to do while she's here. We're going to try to go somewhere for a weekend, maybe to the beach or something. So if anyone has some fun ideas, let me know. She doesn't get to come over very often, so we want her to have an awesome time while she's here.

Only three more days until vacation!

3 Comments:

At June 20, 2007 at 5:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a thorough entry! :)

you could take your stepdaughter to the megamall. That in and of itself is an insane experience. heehee.

I don't know if the things I find fun she would find fun. But maybe she would enjoy the marketplace in the downtown area with all kinds of crafty things. Perhaps there is a festival or something of sorts going on at that time, too.

The beach is definitely in order if you can swing it. Hey! What about a karaoke booth? Hee!

So, mexican food. I'm with you there. How I long for chips and salsa, and a nice quesadilla, too. *sigh*. Maybe you and I can open a mexican joint there ;)

See you soon! Have a wonderful time in the states.

 
At June 20, 2007 at 6:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

C. would indeed enjoy the karaoke room. Give that girl a microphone and she will be happy.

 
At July 5, 2007 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i stumbled onto your blog and is having fun looking at all things malaysian from your point of view. do keep it up.

as for your girl, try looking through events that might interest her on www.kakiseni.com. there you can find listing of gigs/readings/theatre/dance/music .. the list goes on.

good luck! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home