Saturday, June 16, 2007

We're Back Online

We finally have our internet fixed! It was relatively painless, which means that it only took a week and approximately six phone calls to get it fixed.

Without the internet to distract me, I got so much done this week! I changed out a bunch of framed pictures, sort of redecorated our living room, cleaned out our closets, and did the filing that had been piling up for the past four months. I also tried to read more of the Portable Identity book that I got, but I'm kind of struggling with it, which is really strange for the poster child of self-reflection. But the point of self-reflection is to learn about yourself, and this book hasn't really taught me anything new. M had a similar experience this week. He read a book about cultural differences, and he said that while the book was good, it didn't tell him anything that he hasn't already learned by living overseas. So I'll try to push on and get through the book, because I don't want to be one of those people who bitches but doesn't take any action. So we'll see how it goes. I'm feeling better about things and more adjusted in general though, so maybe that's contributing to my procrastination with the book.

But I'm glad we have our internet back, since our online shopping spree now begins in preparation for our trip back home. M's sister is about to receive a lot of packages at her house - clothes and bras and contacts, oh my!

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2007 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it kind of disconcerting how much "time" my online life takes up. It seems like all other hobbies, and decorating, and homekeeping, etc. fall by the wayside because of the Internet. It's a double-edged sword for me :(

I'm glad you have yours back, though! And the online shopping frenzy--that's grand. heehee.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home